Thursday, July 27, 2006

I think my new blog will be about getting to work in the morning. I'm sure I'll bore of this quickly, so I'll switch it up with 'leaving work to get home', then maybe throw in 'grocery shopping'. That'll win over the public!


Getting to work today:

Wake up at 6:58am in a tangle of sweaty nightgown and sheets. It was bracingly fresh in the bedroom last night so I'd pulled the duvet cover over me, and of course, I'd never shoved it off me.

Make coffee - thank god I had the foresight to grind the beans last night because we have house guests! Sean and Sarah arrived late last night (I was already asleep) and I didn't want them to think that they were in a mining town. Of course, my consideration was thrown out the window when the super started banging on the door. I've never seen him once since we moved in, he's certainly never come to our door, and he's banging on the door to deliver at package at 7:10am? Wierd. Apartment is quiet again, all is well, and the phone rings. My brother from Vancouver is calling(which is three hours behind me so it's like 4am. He's drunk and dialing), but I can't talk to him, I gotta get ready!

Eat some cherries and yogurt

and fix coffee.

Jump in shower. Make sure to shave legs, 'cause it's skirt weather. Iron skirt.



Comb hair, brush teeth, get dressed and go.

Get halfway down hall and remember that cell phone is on charger. Go back, check purse (or pocketbook as they say here) for bus card, wallet, camera, lipstick - ok, got 'em.

Get to bus stop and it's a beauty day - the bus is just turning the corner! Get to Journal Square and people leave bus in orderly fashion! I have very high hopes for this day so far.

Get to WTC and human traffic is moving nicely. No fisticuffs on the escalator.



Get to Brooklyn in record time and buy coffee from Amir. I have correct change today, which is another surpise.

I'm at work. It's 9:10am.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?